Only three countries in the world haven’t ratified the landmark human rights treaty, The Convention on the Rights of the Child: Somalia, South Sudan, and the United States. In going it alone, the U.S. hurts itself, the rest of the world, and children everywhere. More at Al Jazeera America.
- Gun violence costs the U.S. $229 billion a year mojo.ly/1aTCzlm via @MotherJones #guncontrol #gunsense 5 days ago
- RT @fordm: Martin Richard's parents urge prosecutors to not seek death penalty against Tsarnaev. Powerful op-ed: bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/04/… 1 week ago
- The war on the poor continues - a chef was ticketed for feeding the homeless msn.com/en-us/news/us/… #RaiseTheWage #povertyinAmerica 1 week ago
- College campuses are just the latest institution to silence free speech thenat.in/1HbHvOT via @thenation 1 week ago
- Corporations with even one female board member significantly outperform corporations with all male boards. Diversity matters. @noreenahertz 2 weeks ago